Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Day two.

Today's post is: "A really good memory."

I have a million and five really good memories but this one is one of my favorites. It isn't a very long, or significant memory but just thinking about it brings me back to that moment and I feel that same peace all over again.




My friends and I had spent all night dancing and had gone to Denny's afterwards for really early breakfast and now we were on our way home. There were four of us in the car, me and Chris in the front and Laken and Heidi were sleeping in the back. The sun was rising, Chris had just finished singing Dusk and Summer and was still holding my hand, and for a moment it was silent and it just felt like everything was right in the world. I closed my eyes and just felt this overwhelming peace come over me. I've had a lot of friends in my lifetime but besides Daniel, they were the only people I've ever been able to experience that feeling with.


I've always loved watching the sun rise. I know everyone is crazy about the sun setting but not me. For me, the sun rising is a new beginning. It brings hope, it brings light into the darkness and that morning just reinstated the love I felt for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi comment leaver! You're awesome and I like you. :]